This tech tip takes you through how to uninstall Stata using the control panel. The images used below were taken on a Windows 10 computer, however you should be able to follow the same steps with similar, if not the same, images as are shown below.
1. Use your search bar to search for the "Control Panel" and click to open it.
2. Click on the "Uninstall a program" selection, under the "Programs" heading.
3. Scroll down to the 's' section and click on "Stata". The button to uninstall should then appear across the top.
4. Click on the "Uninstall" button along the top bar.
5. To confirm you want to uninstall the software, click "Yes"
6. Give administrator account permission to uninstall the software.
7. Wait while the program uninstalls.
You should then receive a confirmation that the software has uninstalled.